When should I hit a 12 in blackjack?
When holding nine or less or 12-16 it’s best to hit, but stand on a total of 17 or more. If the dealer’s card is a four, five or six it is vital you do not bust. It is common practice to hit on eight or less, but stand on anything 12 or higher.
Do I hit a 12 against a 2?
Many players don’t hit 12 because they believe the dealer has a ten in the hole and, therefore, they won’t risk busting when the dealer has a weak upcard. However, when you hold a 12, only four cards will bust you … … With a 2 upcard, the dealer has a 35% chance of busting and a 65% chance of making a 17 though 21.
Do you hit 13 against a 2?
14 stands against dealer 2 through 6, otherwise hit. 13 stands against dealer 2 through 6, otherwise hit.
Do you hit a 16 against a 10?
Your best play, by a slim margin, is to hit. However, if you have a multi-card 16 (like player #2 above, who had 4-5-7), your best play is to stand against a dealer 10.
Do you double down on 11 against a 10?
When you double down, you risk losing double your original bet, but with 11 vs. 10, you win double your bet more often, giving you a higher average profit.
Do you hit on 17 in blackjack?
In most casino blackjack games, a dealer must take a card if he hits 16 or below and stand at 17 or above. Some tables, though, say the dealer must hit soft 17, meaning he has a chance to increase his score up to 21.
When should you not hit in blackjack?
With a soft hand, the general strategy is to keep hitting until a total of at least 18 is reached. Thus, with an ace and a six (7 or 17), the player would not stop at 17, but would hit. The basic strategy for doubling down is as follows: With a total of 11, the player should always double down.